Friday, May 3, 2013

AT&T Galaxy S4 unboxing

AT&T Galaxy S4

My time has finally come. It's time I put down ... the other phone I've been using and pick up the Samsung Galaxy S4. Alex Dobie did a stellar job with our deep-dive Galaxy S4 review on Sprint's variant, and now I've got AT&T's in house. 

Hardware-wise, we're not really looking at anything different here. Same 5-inch Super AMOLED display. Same Android 4.2.2 with Samsung's TouchWiz atop it. Same 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor. Same paltry 16GB of on-board storage space -- only we know that's not quite true. 

Where AT&T differs from Sprint, aside from a handful of AT&T-specific applications -- of course is in the network. So we'll see how this thing handles a day of proper LTE versus spotty EVDO. Like many of you, I'm particularly interested in the camera. Will it be a better all-around choice? Will I miss Zoes and Video Highlights too much? Will I, like so many of you, be underwhelmed by an iterative design instead of a radical overhaul?

Only one way to find out. Time for the Samsung Galaxy S4 to live in my pocket for a few weeks. Join me in our Galaxy S4 forums, will ya?

Hit the break for a quick video intro.


View the original article here

No comments:

Free Facebook Likes