Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nicki Minaj Wanted To Be A Lawyer; Talks Idol & Her ‘Weird Epiphany’ On A Tour

First Published: July 9, 2013 11:16 AM EDT Credit: Marie Claire

Nicki Minaj on the cover of the August 2013 issue of Marie Claire magazineCaption Nicki Minaj on the cover of the August 2013 issue of Marie Claire magazine LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Nicki Minaj admitted if she wasn’t a rapper and pop star, she had an interest in becoming a lawyer.

“I just loved the thought of going into a courtroom with mostly men and defending someone – just being able to persuade people with your words,” Nicki told Marie Claire magazine, which features her on its August 2013 cover. “It seems glamorous in a way. Very inspiring and ballsy.”

Nicki has had a slew of hits and toured all over the world, and she told the mag that during her Australian stop she had a “weird epiphany.”

PHOTOS: Nicki Minaj: Her Wild Style

“I was on a world tour, a big feat for a female rapper. For the first time, I allowed myself to feel proud of where music had gotten me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. You feel the need to pay it forward, which starts with analyzing yourself with a true desire to grow,” she said. “I was praying every day, ‘You know what, Lord? I want to be a mom one day, and I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child.’ I wanted all of the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10 – and a lot of them lose it. I didn’t want to become a person who wasn’t enjoying the moment.”

The music superstar also addressed her time on “American Idol” in the interview, noting that it showed people her personality.

WATCH IT NOW: Nicki Minaj: I Wanted A ‘Universal’ Scent For Pink Friday Scent For Pink Friday

“The perception that people had of me completely changed because there are no cue cards, there’s no script, it wasn’t [me] performing a song. It was, ‘Let’s see [your] real personality.’ My core is a genuine human being who roots for other people,” she said. “I didn’t want to blow smoke up their a**. I wanted every contestant to leave with something that they could remember.”

Also included in the interview excerpts released by Marie Claire on Tuesday were Nicki’s tips for getting a man.

“Don’t chase any man. Put your school first. Men love independent women,” she said. “You don’t have to be a bitch, but there’s nothing wrong with it at times. And: Men are kids at heart. They want to be nourished and pet like a dog.”

Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


View the original article here

No comments:

Free Facebook Likes